Friday, February 8, 2013

On-Looking




Following on my recent theme of birds I thought I should upload another photo of one today. I had taken this photo a while ago on one of the many wanders that Bex and I have been on. We had gone for a walk down to our local duckpond.

I was using the camera in shutter priority so I could make sure the photo was sharp and there was no motion blur. As I was using a focal length of 161mm I selected a shutter speed of 1/320th of a second. As I was taking a photo towards the water I over-exposed the photo by +2/3 of a stop to keep the correct exposure. The camera selected an aperture of F4.5 with an ISO of ISO 250.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast as the photo was looking quite bland. I also cropped the photo down because I accidently managed to catch the head of another duck on the left side of the frame. After this basic editing I was pleased with the effect so I decided to not adjust anything else.

I’ve got plans to go out again over the weekend, weather dependant of course. So hopefully if I get a chance I’ll find something new and interesting to show you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment