Thursday, February 7, 2013

Perched




On the way from my early morning walk I spotted a smaller bird flying around; it was flying from tree to tree. It finally perched on one tree long enough for me to take a photo of it. I didn’t have very long to capture the photo before would fly off again.

I already had the telephoto lens attached to my camera so I put the camera into AI servo focus mode and focused and released the focus button then recomposed, so the bird was in the right hand side of the frame looking into the left hand side. I had the camera in shutter priority with a shutter speed of 1/500th of a second selected, as this would ensure the photo was sharp with no blurring.

I didn’t edit the photo because I was very pleased with the effect that I had created. I didn’t crop the photo because I liked the composition that I had created.

I’m glad I got a chance to photograph a blue tit as it is one of my favourite birds, and very hard to capture a photo of! Hopefully I will get a chance to photograph another one soon.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment