Sunday, March 3, 2013

Netted




Bex and I decided to pre-prepare a blog post for today. This photo was taken on yesterdays trip. In the park we had stopped in; there was a small climbing frame made from rope. I thought that if I took the photo at an odd angle then I could create an interesting composition.

For this photo I used my telephoto lens to create a very short depth of field. I pointed the camera up towards the sky to get the composition that I wanted. I used the camera in aperture priority to keep the depth of field to the minimum. As it was sunny day I pre-selected an ISO of 100. The camera matched this with a shutter speed of 1/400th of a second; this was fast enough to account for the focal length.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and then I decreased the shadows. I did this to make the photo more dynamic. I didn’t crop the photo, as I was happy with the composition. I like the effect I created after editing the photo.

As this post was created yesterday we will tell you how Focus On Imaging went in tomorrows post. But I’m sure it will be a very enjoyable and informative event.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment