Sunday, March 24, 2013

Flowing




I managed to get down to the duckpond yesterday so I took a few photos while I was there. During the time I was there, a few swans were paddling around the duck pond. One of them made its way towards me so I took a few photos as it passed me.

I was using the camera in shutter priority and I selected a shutter speed of 1/400th of a second. I underexposed by 2/3rds of a stop, this meant the camera chose an aperture of F8 and an ISO of 100. I composed the photo so that the swan was in the top right corner of the frame looking down to the bottom left corner. I like this composition because it looks balanced, with the swan moving from corner to corner.

To edit the photo I cropped the photo slightly, just to remove some other birds I had caught in corner of the frame. I didn’t change anything else as I didn’t want to spoil the effect I had created. The photo didn’t need sharpening because it was taken on ISO 100, the colours had been replicated perfectly and the exposure was spot on.

I’m glad I managed to get out yesterday because I was starting to get low on photos to upload. I hope we get another chance for a wander, as there are still a few ideas that I want to try out in the nature reserve.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment