Saturday, June 8, 2013

Champions


As I previously said, last weekend saw the town’s annual festival. On the Sunday, a “bed race” took place on a small circuit around part of the town. This event was one of the hardest times to be a photographer, as I spent 20 minutes sprinting behind each of the “beds”. I use air quotes, as the rules were that you had to make you own bed to enter. I don’t mean putting on pillowcases, but wood nails!!

The beds ranged from a flat board with wheels, wooden longs tied together, and this… it looks suspiciously like a laundry cart. A team from the local Hilton hotel branch competed, and managed to win, pushing the “bed” around the course in an impressive 13 minutes and hardly broke a sweat. I ran the course with them, so can definitely vouch for it being no mean feat!!!

Along the course, there were 5 stations, which held different tasks, such as apple bobbing and cracker eating. This team had just gone past the apple bobbing station, which explains the apple hanging out of one of the team members’ mouth.

I chose to use this photo, as I liked that I managed to get an “action shot”. It was tiring, but brilliant fun, and I can’t wait till next year!!!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment