Friday, June 14, 2013

Triumph


Since I took up photography as a hobby, I have seen many close up shots of insects, and have wanted to achieve this myself. I have been lucky with a few shots, such as a dragonfly. However, my biggest challenge was trying to capture a butterfly, as I almost never see them.

I took my camera with me a few days ago, and went for a mini photography wander on my way home that evening. The nature reserve was incredibly quiet, which surprised me, as the weather was glorious! I spotted a butterfly after I had been in the nature reserve for only a few minutes, which annoyed me, as I didn’t have my telephoto lens with me. The butterfly settled on one leaf, so I carefully climbed into the bush, as I was determined not to miss the opportunity! I managed to get incredibly close, and took at least 10, I was determined that I would not be disappointed when I got home!

To enhance the image, I darkened the highlights where I had slightly over exposed. I then increased the contrast, and decreased the brightness slightly. Finally, I cropped the image, to make the butterfly more central. I also sharpened the image, to make the individual hairs and the eye of the butterfly more prominent.

I called this photo triumph, as I feel that two years of patience and climbing through nettles has paid off! I’m incredibly pleased with this image; I finally achieved what I wanted, and I’m over the moon with the result!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment