Thursday, June 20, 2013

Contradiction


Yesterday, I said that I don’t like having too many distractions from the subject of the photograph. However, that’s not completely true- it depends on the context. In this case, I decided not to crop the background flowers or to use flash to remove the background leaves. I believe I was right to do this as it adds more interest, and sets the scene of the entire photo. I like that there are 3 flowers across the frame as it provides an element of continuity and repetitiveness.

I hadn’t cleaned my lens so there were particles of dust that created a lens flare effect; I really like this, so didn’t use a lens hood or edit this out. I have edited this photo slightly, but only because I like high contrast images; more than what camera is capable of producing. I increased the brightness of the image as it was slightly under exposed. I also increased the contrast. I then increased the saturation to make the image more vibrant, and the hue to make the flowers more purple. Finally, I sharpened the image to show finer details in the image.

I’m pleased with the final image; it’s generally a good idea to follow rules, but if you do this all the time it can lead to a lack of variety in your images.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment