Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Guessing


The courtyard of my college is often used as storage for anything old, broken or no longer in use. As such, this is often the best place to find photographs. Today, I found… well, I’m not really sure!

While eating lunch in the courtyard, I noticed a sizeable box with wheels in the middle, and cogs either end. I’m still not sure of its purpose, but I can only presume that it is a discarded piece of art, as it doesn’t seem to resemble anything.

I underexposed this image as the light was strong and I wanted to create dramatic shadows. This picture has been significantly edited in Photoshop. I darkened the highlights and lightened the shadows to create a subtle solarising effect. I then increased the contrast and added noise to make the image seem more aged. Finally, I sharpened the image. I find abstract photos interesting, as it doesn’t matter how many questions you manage to answer, there are always more to be asked.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment