Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Breaking the Rules


This is another of my photos from this weekend; we took so many it may take us a while to get through uploading our favourite photos. I took this picture of a rather interesting cloud formation (or at least I thought it was!). Even though taking photos into the sun is going against one of the major rules of photography, I thought it was worth a try (although I wouldn't recommend looking straight into the sun). I used a red digital  filter with the black and white setting; this boosted the contrast so that it would make the clouds clearer against the sky and as the sun is in the middle of the photo it makes the bottom of the clouds look a lot darker and more moody than it is in reality.

I enjoy taking black and white photos; they emphasise details that the human eye wouldn't normally pick up. What do you prefer, black and white or colour photos?

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment