Monday, April 30, 2012

When a weed becomes a flower



This is another photo from our wander on Saturday. At the edge of the path that we were walking on I saw some weeds poking out of the bottom of a hedge, and even being weeds I thought that they looked quite pretty. I borrowed Bex’ camera and flicked it onto the macro setting, (I took some using the low-key setting but I thought that this one came out much better). 

I didn’t run it through Photoshop this time- I don’t think it needed it, and I reckon it’s sharp enough already. I think this weed is actually rather pretty and that it should be classed as a flower instead, if only it was in a garden where it could have pride of place.

I think that flowers can make or break a garden, but what do you think? Do gardens bring a small part of the countryside into the cities, or do they just fill up space which could be used in other ways?

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment