Sunday, April 29, 2012

Small details, large effects




I went for a quick wander yesterday with Bex round our local area yesterday. We stopped for a minute so she could climb a tree- not as crazy as it sounds, she wanted to get a good shot. While Bex was out of action I spotted this piece of bark jutting out and thought that it would make an interesting photo. I took it with the flash on, but it was so powerful that the whole background got blacked out!! I’m impressed with this image, and how the bark is incredibly clear and very sharp against the black background. It looks like it's been set up.

I love nature, especially the small pieces of detail that we all miss in our busy day-to-day lives. Maybe we should slow down a little and observe the smaller, finer details of nature around us?

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment