Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Bridge To Not So Far Away




Yesterday I went for a wander with Bex in our local nature reserve. This was before we had a chance to look at her new set of twenty eight filters! In the nature reserve there is a brook which flows all the way through. About half way down there is this small wooden bridge that crosses the brook.

I thought the bridge would make an interesting photo if I got the composition right. By only including half the bridge in the frame I thought it would make the composition more interesting. I used a high F-stop (F18) to add some depth to the photo and to keep as much of the bridge in focus. I didn’t use flash because the end of the bridge would white out, and the overall effect would be spoiled.

When I took the photo off the camera I decided to make the shadows darker and the increase reds. I darkened the shadows to create a moodier atmosphere to the photo. I increased the reds to bring out how the bridge looked in real life.

I’m really looking forward to trying out Bex’s new set of filters (if she will let me!). Maybe we might take a few on our next wander with us. We’re planning another photography walk in the next few days, so hopefully we shall have some more photos to upload for you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment