Wednesday, September 5, 2012

All In A Row




This is (yet) another photo from the country fayre I went to. I found this photo, and fortunately it had an artistic side to it. It shows one of my main interests quite well! I spent quite a long time just walking up and down all the vintage tractors looking at each one individually.

Instead of taking a photo of every tractor I took one of a whole row of them; I thought it might be a bit more arty. I used a narrow aperture (F16) to ensure that most of the scene was in focus. I actually focused on the Fordson Major (the blue tractor for the less knowledgeable), so this ensured that almost all of the tractors are in focus. There was plenty of sunshine about so I didn’t need to worry about the shutter speed.

The only editing I did to the photo was to crop down the top of the frame. I didn’t edit anything else because I was happy with how the photo had been exposed. And the overall effect was spot on what I wanted.

I hope I can find some time to go for a wander with Bex soon, because I’m starting to run out of photos to upload! We’ve got some wanders planned soon, so I’m sure we will have many more interesting photos to upload.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment