Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Moody Dandelions




This is another of my photos from Monday’s photography wander with Bex. This set of dying dandelions caught my eye when we were on our way back. I thought they could make an interesting composition if I took the photo with the right settings.

So to get the composition right, I took the photo with an aperture of around F6 to get an adequate depth of field. I also chose to use the low key gradation setting to make the dark parts of the background look blacker. By doing this it creates a dark and mysterious atmosphere to the photo, which I thought would make the composition more interesting.

When I uploaded the photo onto my computer I decided that it didn’t require any editing. I liked the overall effect of how the photo worked straight from the camera. The background is perfectly blurred with the low key effect creating the moody atmosphere I wanted.

Bex and I are planning to go for a wander into the nature reserve again tomorrow. I hope the weather holds so we can get a varied mix of photos.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment