Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Roof Top



I still haven’t exhausted all the photos that I had taken from the church. Most of the best photos had been taken from the roof, this being one of them. Instead of taking the photo of the surrounding landscape, I decided to take the photo of the roof itself!
The roof was made up of different sections, and at the joins there were these raised sections. They were all symmetrical and I thought they would make an interesting photo. I used an aperture of F22 to make sure the whole scene was in sharp focus. To create an interesting composition I framed the photo so the join ran through the centre of the frame.
I edited the photo to make sure that it was vertical and I also increased the brightness. With this done, the photo looks much better I think. The ridge runs straight through the centre of the frame and is completely symmetrical.
I’m surprised how many of the photos that I took from the church are good enough for the blog. I would like to think my photography skills are slowly getting better with Bex’s help and a lot of practice.
Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment