Sunday, September 16, 2012

Returned




Unfortunately Bex and I didn’t get a chance to out for a walk today, so I had another look through my computer. This is another photo from our trip to the local church, I wanted to upload it sooner but I had too many other photos I wanted to upload!

I took this photo from the roof of the tower; this is where I took the majority of my photos. I saw these gaps in the wall and I thought they would make an interesting photo. So I put the camera into aperture priority and used a medium aperture of F10 to ensure that all parts of the wall where in focus. I didn’t use flash because it would have ruined the effect I was aiming for, and it wasn’t needed.

When editing the photo I increased the overall brightness but I also turned down the highlights. This helps create the mood that I was aiming for, and it also makes the detail in the shadows easier to see. I decided against cropping the photo, I tried cropping it in various ways but I didn’t like how they looked so I left it as it was.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment