Thursday, September 20, 2012

Delicate



This is another picture from my afternoon of “house photography”. In other words, messing around with my new filters whilst seeking something to take pictures of around my house.

In this picture, I have used a close up filter in conjunction with my macro lens. I decided to use this to try to get closer to the flower in the hope of being able to see finer details that you would normally miss without zooming in and losing quality. I used the widest aperture possible to take this picture as I only wanted the tips of the foremost petals in focus.

 I tried to use a relatively low ISO to minimise the amount of noise in a shot, and a relatively fast shutter speed to allow me to use flash. I decided to use flash as I wanted the top few petals to be illuminated, creating more interesting shadows on the underside.

After, I edited the picture in Photoshop. I increased the contrast so the shadows and highlights on the petals became more defined. I then sharpened the image to make sure that the area I had focused on was prominent. I’m really pleased with this picture, considering I didn’t plan for it to be anything special. So far the close up filters are definitely my favourites! (no surprise there…). Mat and I will be covering a local festival this weekend, so make sure you check back!                        

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment