Thursday, September 13, 2012

Towering



This is another photograph from mine and Mat’s endeavours to the top of the bell tower. I feel as if I may be over playing the weekend’s excursion slightly, but I took a lot of pictures so I have at least a few that I’m proud of and this is one of them! This is one of the last pictures I took while “up on the roof” (if you excuse the musical reference), but one of my most individual.

It got quite sunny as the evening drew in, meaning a lot of pictures I tried to take ended up as silhouettes. In most cases this only made the picture unusable but this is the exception. I noticed how the smaller spires were lined up perfectly, yet the middle spire was much taller while still in line. I liked the effect this had, so decided to try and capture the lines in a photo. Because of the position on the roof, I had to take it on an angle. I actually think it works better being taken at an angle as it created more interest. I had to take the picture into the sun, which caused the foreground to partially blackout, the entire photo to go black and white plus a little lens flare. I used a fast shutter speed to try and capture the clouds, which in monochrome, gives the picture a moody effect.

I didn’t have to do any editing, as I was already pleased with it. I would call this a “happy accident” as due to the restrictions I faced, I was forced to take it in a different way and it turned out better than I imagined. I think the lens flare works incredibly well, and adds to the over all effect.

Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment