Saturday, September 1, 2012

Falls




Bex and I didn’t get a chance to do any set-up shots today, but we did have some spare time while we were out. We had gone to the local nature reserve and just stopped to have some lunch. Afterwards we started to wander back home, when we past this small waterfall.

I’ve seen many photos of waterfalls with the water being blurred as it falls. I really like the effect of these photos and I wanted to have an attempt myself. So I put the camera into shutter priority, and slowed it right down to around 1/30th of a second. At this speed the water becomes blurred but the surroundings are still very sharp.

While editing the photo I increased the brightness in the shadows, I did this because I thought the shadows looked quite dull and needed some light. I also cropped the photo; I decided to do this because I had included too much of the dam in the photo. Overall I am very pleased with the editing to this photo.

I’m glad that Bex and I had a chance to go out together. Hopefully soon we shall get a chance to do some set up shots.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment