Friday, August 31, 2012

Good to be Back




Now that things are back to normal, Bex and I managed to get out again for quite a long photography wander. I’ve managed to pick up some of Bex’s love for macro photography; because a lot of my recent uploads have been macro and close up photos!

This one was taken on the way back from our wander. I thought I wouldn’t be able to find any more opportunities when this flower ‘jumped’ up at me. I thought the composition was near perfect; because of the high contrast between the white flower, and the blurry green background. I used a wide aperture to limit the focus range, and to create the blurry effect with the background. I didn’t use the flash, because the light levels were good enough and it would have spoilt the effect I was trying to make.

When I edited the photo, I decided to increase the highlight brightness; I did this to make the whites more pure. Also I made the shadows darker while increasing the contrast; this makes the flower more prominent. Also I cropped the photo to put the flower into the left half of the frame, I feel this makes the composition more interesting.

I’m glad things are back to normal. Bex and I are planning to go on many more wanders so expect lots more photos in the next few weeks. Also we have ideas for some set-up shots in the next few days, which I really look forward to doing.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment