Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Converging Arches




I did manage to get out today (between rain showers again). So I went into our local town to pick up some photography supplies. I caught the bus in and walked the long way to the shop so I could take some photos.

About half way to the shop I walked through an indoor market; I really liked the structure that supported the roof. I thought that if I took the photo with the camera facing upwards it would cause the vertical lines to converge making an interesting composition. Also having the arch going through the centre of the frame makes the composition much more interesting, because all the contradicting lines lead your eye to different parts of the photo.

The exposure was spot on so I didn’t need to change the brightness or contrast in the editing stage. The only editing I did was to crop out the bottom of the photo, I did this because the framing didn’t quite come out as I had planned.

Just a quick congratulations to the Great Britain Olympic team for winning two gold medals today! One from the women’s rowing, and the other from the men’s cycling time trials. A very well done to you both! Hopefully these will be the first of many gold medals. Good luck Team GB!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment