Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wild Flowers




I managed to get out today during a quick break, so I thought I would go out for a quick walk with the camera. On my walk I saw these wild flowers, I really liked how they were bunched together without anything surrounding them.

When I took the photo I used quite a small aperture to retain a large depth of field. It was quite dark so I used the flash, by doing this the background became blacked out. By using the flash it meant I could use a low ISO and retain the full detail in the flowers.

When I took the photo off the camera I thought it needed some editing. The flash wasn’t quite powerful enough, so I had to boost the brightness to make the flower look a bright white. I also cropped down the photo to concentrate the attention onto the flower.

I really like this photo, the editing worked very well. The photo looks exactly how I wanted it to. I would like to think that my editing is getting slowly better.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment