Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Contradictory



You may recall that during my post on the 5th August (“Indeed”), I uploaded a picture of a sign next to some graffiti. In this post, I mentioned that the pictures I took of the artwork itself were more like snapshots-which I thought they were… until I found this picture!

I saw this graffiti by chance as I was walking past the wall on my way to a local art gallery on the edge of the harbour. I noticed this out of the corner of my eye. Wondering what it was, I stopped to take a look. I walked over to the other side of the road to get a view of the artwork in full.

I had to use a wide-angle lens at a 45mm focal length. I used a small aperture to get a large depth of field so none of the scene was out of focus. Later in Photoshop, I increased the contrast while decreasing the brightness, and then increased the saturation.

If you hadn’t previously guessed, I’m firmly on the side of artwork when it comes to the “art or graffiti” argument. I love this; I think it’s amazing how every time you look you spot another detail that you missed before.

Bex
x

2 comments:

  1. I love the "This is a photo opportunity" sign in the botton right. You did take the photo and I'm glad you did; amazing graffiti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo; the graffiti is stunning how it can look so realistic.

    ReplyDelete