Friday, August 10, 2012

Baptism of Fire



I had an early start this morning as I was going to a balloon fiesta, so I feel I should apologise for the probable illiteracy. Each day, the balloons are launched at 6am and 6pm, meaning my alarm went off at three this morning!

I hadn’t been to a morning launch before, but decided it would be good to go, as it would have plenty of photo opportunities! I took this picture at about 5:30 this morning, which is why the background is quite dark. The sun was just starting to rise, and the clouds were beginning to turn pink. The most light was coming from the balloons being inflated.

I used a telephoto lens to get as close as I could (while leaning as far over the fence as possible!). I had to use ISO-250 with a shutter speed of 1/320 to allow me to capture the flame in full, and to leave the background quite dark. I increased the saturation and contrast in Photoshop, in order to pick up the colours that were cast. Apart from this, it didn’t need any editing!

I had a great morning of photography, managing to take 998 shots, making it incredibly hard to choose a single picture! I’m really pleased my results, I can’t wait to go back tomorrow for the evening launch.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment