Monday, August 6, 2012

1000 Words



I’m afraid that when you’re a photographer, going on holiday doesn’t mean you leave your job at home! With this fact in mind, I managed to take somewhere in the region of 500 photos each day.

I took this photo on my last full day in the seaside town. I had been incredibly busy over the week so decided to have a relaxing day close to my base for the week. I stayed out for the day- walking through the high street, looking in the local museum and even painting a pot! It was late evening by the time I was walking back to the house so it was beginning to get dark.

I noticed a pile of fishing nets that had been left from the day’s work. They were rusty and looked like they’d been forgotten. I decided to take a picture, focusing on the pattern of the netting. Later in the evening, I increased both the brightness and the contrast then reduced the noise, as I had to use an incredibly high ISO.

I find this shot really interesting, as it’s a snapshot of daily life. A picture tells a thousand words, and this picture is no exception.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment