Thursday, August 16, 2012

Silver Lining



I haven’t been feeling very well the last few days, so I haven’t had chance to go for any walks. Last night, I was feeling a little better so decided to go for a late evening photography wander. I walked to the top of the hill in the local nature reserve and sat down to watch the sun setting. I wasn’t hoping for much, but it was absolutely stunning!

I increased the red and the contrast on the camera itself. When taking the picture, I under- exposed by two stops to make the colours stand out more. I didn’t use a lens hood, so got lens flare (purposely). By exposing for the colours in the sky, the foreground has gone black; I think it works incredibly well as it gives the picture contrast. I like how you can see a bit of the foreground at ground level, even if you do have to look closely. I think it adds a bit of interest and mystery.

I love taking pictures of sunsets; the silvery clouds and the blacked out foreground contrasts against the colours of the sky incredibly well. When it comes to sunsets, every cloud does have a silver lining!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment