Saturday, August 4, 2012

Travels



I’m back and I have really missed the blog! It felt strange to have so much spare time in the evenings- normally dedicated to writing and editing. This week it’s Mat’s turn for a holiday (he deserves it after the last week!) so I shall have the blog to myself for the next seven days.

I have had an incredibly eventful holiday; I could do with another just to get over it! On the first full day I went to a local carnival that was happening in the town next to where I was staying. One of the highlights at the carnival was a 20- minute display from the red arrows.

I took my telephoto lens with me as I had found out about the display prior to going. I had to use a 150mm focal length to get close enough. I also had to use a fast shutter speed so that the picture wouldn’t blur; this meant I had to use a higher ISO, which downgraded the picture quality.

I’ve had an amazing week off with plenty of photo opportunities. I’ve taken enough photos for Mat to go on holiday for a month! I was gutted at missing the 1st August post, but I’d just like to thank Mat for keeping the blog going and to you for staying loyal to our blog. Five months of continuous posting already? It still seems like only a few days since we started!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment