Thursday, August 2, 2012

Waterways




I didn’t manage to get out today, so I looked through my computer for some photos that I have taken previously.

This one was taken on the holiday that Bex and I went on in early July. It was taken while on a walk beside the canal. I really enjoyed the holiday and took plenty of photos; this is one of the best ones though. The canal was very calm as there was no wind, so its reflection was just like a mirror. I used a small aperture to get quite a deep depth of field. Because of the small aperture I had to boost the ISO so I could take the photo without a tripod.

I decided the photo didn’t need any editing done to it. The only thing I noticed was that a person was on the path on the right hand side. So I cropped the photo a bit to remove the path and make the scene more photogenic.

I like how the photo looks; it comes across very tranquil and peaceful. The effect is spot on what I was trying to recreate when I took the photo.

Yesterday the blog turned 5 months old! Also we’re very close to 4,000 page views. So just a quick thank you to every one of you; without you the blog wouldn’t be what it is.

I’ve enjoyed running the blog this week, but I’m away from this Saturday for a week; tomorrow being my last post after that I shall leave you in Bex’s capable (and better) hands for the week. She tells me that she has been taking many photos. Also she plans on uploading the best ones to the blog, just for you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment