Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nettles




I managed to go for a quick walk while the sunshine was out. I sat down on a park bench for a quick rest, when I spotted a clump of nettles.

I liked how they were surrounding a small open patch that only had grass on. So I used the programmed auto mode because I didn’t have much time and focused on the central leaf. I used the flash to light up the scene because it was late in the evening and there wasn’t very much light. I used a narrow aperture to make sure that most of the scene was in focus.

When I edited the photo I decided to increase the colour temperature and the saturation; by doing this the photo looks more vibrant and interesting. I also cropped the photo to emphasise the effect of the emptiness in the centre. I used quite a high ISO so as there was quite a lot of noise, which I had to reduce in Photoshop.

Bex and I are planning on meeting up tomorrow, so maybe we might get a chance to go for a photography wander. I hope we get a chance while the weather is still nice.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment