Monday, August 20, 2012

Choices




I must apologise for having seemingly left the blog behind for the past week, but it’s been incredibly hectic, so I’ve been struggling to fit everything in that I need to do. At this point I must also thank Mat for looking after the blog while I’ve been rushing around!

I went to a local food market today, in which an array of items were on sale. At one stall, flavoured coffee beans were being sold out of sacks, which could be put into jars of different sizes; the coffee was arranged into two rows, which made interesting lines. I decided to take this picture at a shallow angle to make the picture more appealing and to allow the contents of one bag only to be shown.

I used a large aperture which gave the picture a shallow depth of field, so only the first sack and a little of the second were in focus. Later, I increased the saturation in Photoshop to make the picture seem more vibrant and to show the different shades of reds and browns in the coffee beans.

I love taking pictures in market environments; it always gives a unique picture, as each stall holder sets up in their own way. I find that taking pictures across the stall makes it more informative, while making sure that the shot is still artistic. I manage to get a different effect every time.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment