Sunday, August 5, 2012

Indeed



Admittedly this isn’t a stroke of photographic brilliance, yet I like it all the same. I took this picture at the local carnival, on the same day as the red arrows display. Graffiti was painted onto the wall of a derelict building, which depicted a knocked down section of wall with a small scene of the inside of an ancient house.

I took a picture of this scene but it looked more like a snapshot and didn’t seem very interesting. In the bottom right corner of the artwork this sign was written. I found it ironic as where it was written was dirty with paint peeling off. I felt this added to the overall originality of the shot and made it eye catching as much as the graffiti itself.

Later in the evening, I edited the picture in Photoshop. I increased the contrast to highlight the dirt and worn-away pain on the wall. I then lightened the highlights to pick up more detail.

I think the sign sums me up incredibly well; if there is ever a photo opportunity then I will find it! I know it doesn’t exactly count as an amazing piece of photography, but it’s unique and I like it!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment