Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thistle While You Wait



I took this photo a few weeks ago while doing a bit of train spotting, (one of my many hobbies). A train had just past and I was waiting for the next one, it must have been delayed because it took a very long time. So in between the two trains I took some more photos to fill the time.

I had spotted a group of weeds which looked very interesting, so I thought I should make a photo out of them. I decided that the photo would look best with a shallow depth of field. I thought that the angle I chose gave the best composition, with just the grass in the background. When I took the photo, I boosted the greens in the camera to give more emphasis to the weed. 

When I put the photo I decided that it didn’t require any editing, I was very impressed with how it looked straight from the camera. I was tempted to increase the saturation, but decided against it because I had already boosted the greens and I liked the effect that it gave.

The holiday is rapidly drawing to a close, I have thoroughly enjoyed it and cannot wait for next years. The weather has been amazing, presenting many photographic opportunities; I’ve made the most out of as many as I can and I hope you all have as well.

Mat



No comments:

Post a Comment