Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Well Rounded



Now that the bank holiday is over, it was sunny today! I decided to go for a photography wander to soak up some of the sunshine we’d all been so desperately wishing for over the past few days.

I love taking pictures of teasels, as it seems that each picture you take is unique. There are so many angles that it can be taken from and this is just one of them. I took the picture from above, using a large aperture so only a small section of the plant was in focus. I used manual focus so I could blur the top of the teasel and the leaves underneath. This meant that only the spikes were in focus, making the shot more interesting. Later, I edited the picture in Photoshop. I increased the contrast and the saturation. Finally, I sharpened the image to make the spikes more evident.

I’m really pleased with how this picture turned out. Perhaps using manual focus is worth the extra time and effort! As long as it’s used in the right situation, it can give some great effects.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment