Saturday, August 25, 2012

Clinging Mushrooms



I managed to go for very quick wander today while I was having a short break. I saw these mushrooms clinging to the side of a  log that had been chopped down. As I didn’t have much time I left the camera in automatic.

The camera decided to use the flash, because there wasn’t very much light. I really like the effect that it had, it increased the contrast and made the whites brighter. The camera chose a low ISO so the photo still has lots of detail in it.

All I did to edit the photo was to crop the photo and increase the saturation. I cropped out the side of the photo because it didn’t have many mushrooms in and it I thought it was causing a distraction. I also increased the brightness to make the white even brighter.

Bex has been incredibly busy recently and as a result hasn’t had much spare time, which is why I have been doing more uploads than  normal. She has told me that she will be back to normal very soon, and will be blogging as normal.

I hope you all enjoy the last week of the summer holiday.

Mat



No comments:

Post a Comment