Saturday, August 18, 2012

Close Detail



I managed to get out today for a short wander, so I went down to the local wood. I like it in the woods because it is peaceful and very tranquil, I can sit down and just watch the world go by while I think.

While I was sitting down I noticed this really pretty flower. I used aperture priority to use a large aperture and create a shallow depth of field. By creating a shallow depth of field the background becomes blurred and isn’t as distracting. Also I used the pop-up flash to reflect off the flower and create a luminous effect.

The photo needed quite a lot of editing so I increased the saturation and heavily cropped it down to focus the attention onto just the centre of the flower. I really like the effect of focussing the attention, it creates a really interesting effect to the photo.

I’m away for a while but I’m still able to carry on blogging. I’m very busy so won’t be able to take many photos, if I don’t get a chance I’ll look inside my hard-drive for some inspiration.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment