Saturday, August 11, 2012

Blue Moon Sunrise



This is another picture from my early start at the balloon fiesta yesterday morning. I feel I should explain the title as well as my picture on this occasion. Anyone who knows me personally will also know that early mornings are not my forte! With this fact in mind, this is the first sunrise that I have seen, and I definitely started on a high!

This was the first balloon to have taken off, just a few minutes after 6am, when the sun was just beginning to rise. I’m not entirely sure why, but when I took this picture the basket looked like a silhouette while the rest of the shot was in colour. I like it; it makes it seem more anonymous- like they represent actions instead of people.

I had to use an incredibly high ISO (1000) as it was still quite dark, so I couldn’t pick up any details. However, it introduced a lot of noise to the picture. Despite all the noise in my photo, I absolutely love it! I’m impressed at how I managed to catch the flame. The colours of the sunrise have been picked up brilliantly, and it’s amazing how you can see the bottom of the balloon being lit up. I can’t wait till next year’s event!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment