Thursday, August 23, 2012

An Unknown Plant




The weather was really nice today so I was sitting in the garden enjoying the nice weather. I noticed in one of the trees, this plant that was hanging down. I’m not sure what specific plant it is, but I thought it might make an interesting photographic opportunity.

I used the widest aperture I could to ensure the background was blurred appropriately. I also used the flash to pick out the white of the plant. The wind was blowing quite fast so I had to use a fast shutter speed, this meant I required a moderately high ISO.

When I edited the photo I decided to increase the brightness, this has the effect of making the white clearer. I also made the shadows darker, this focuses the attention onto the plant itself. Also I cropped the photo so that the plant was towards the left part of the frame, I think this enhances the composition of the photo.

Overall I think the photo has worked very well, and I’m quite pleased with the editing that I did. I will try to find out what plant this is, if I find out I shall let you all know.

Also a quick congratulations to everyone who received their GCSE results today, I know you all worked very hard to get the grades you received. So very well done to you all.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment