Friday, August 3, 2012

Hiding Flowers




I didn’t get a chance to go for a walk today as I was busy packing and getting ready for my holiday. So I dived into my computer’s hard-drive in search of a photo to upload. I was searching around when I came across this photo, again from the holiday Bex and I went on in early July.

We went for a walk to the small lake nearby, and on the way I spotted some flowers hiding in a bush. To isolate just the flower I used the widest possible aperture to create a shallow depth of field. It was quite a dull day so I had to boost the ISO to be able to use a faster shutter speed.

Because of the high ISO the photo was quite noisy; I had to use the noise reduction tool in Photoshop to reduce the amount of noise in the photo. At the same time I increased the colour temperature to bring some ‘warmth’ back into the photo. After editing the photo I was very pleased with the end result, I think it looks much better now.

Team GB did a fantastic job in the Olympics today, bringing back even more gold medals. We’re currently 4th in the medal table! (At time of writing). So with each medal, we get closer to winning the Olympics. Good luck Team GB!

This is my final post until I get back from my holiday. So I shall leave you in Bex’s very capable hands. I hear that she has plenty of amazing photos to upload from her holiday. I hope you will enjoy them, and I trust that you will all cheer on Team GB.

So until I get back, have a great time and enjoy the blog.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment