Friday, August 24, 2012

Decomposition



 I didn’t have much to do today apart from going out for a meal with family. When we got back, I decided to go for a walk through the local nature reserve with my camera.

I have missed taking macro shots recently; there’s been so much going on in the community that most of my photography has been to cover events. I sat down to enjoy the fresh air and watch the world go by. A few leaves were left on the ground, beginning to decompose. They had curled from being left on the floor for so long.

The markings on the leaves could still be seen, which is what I focused on. I used a larger aperture to get a more shallow depth of field, so only the edges of the leaves and a few of the markings were in focus. I had to use ISO-200 with a shutter speed of 1/80 to make allowances for not using the flash. I decided against using flash, because a test shot with flash made a lot of areas go white and I lost a lot of detail.

I love taking macro shots, and I have really missed them. I will try to go on some more wanders soon in between other forthcoming events.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment