Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A station by the sea




Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to go for a wander today, so I had a look through my computer. While looking through I found this photo from Western - Super - Mare.

I took the photo on the way back from the beach. Bex and I were waiting for the train to arrive, and I was looking at the station building. I really liked the architecture, the building looked very different from each angle that I looked at it. This angle I particularly liked because of the contradicting lines, with the over-bridge and the canopy jutting out at ninety degrees to each other. To keep the whole scene in focus I used a small aperture (F16). Because I used a small aperture I had to use a higher ISO, this introduced a small amount of noise into the image.

When I edited the photo the only thing I changed was to darken the shadows. By doing this, the canopy becomes a silhouette and enhances the composition. I didn’t change anything else because I liked how it came out straight from the camera.

I really enjoyed our trip to Western, and I hope that we can go back sometime soon if the weather holds out.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment