Monday, August 27, 2012

Caught




I went out for a walk today as I had some spare time. So I went down to the canal, because the weather was perfect for photo taking. It had just stopped raining and the clouds had started to part. The sun was streaming through the clouds perfectly.

I know the canal was the main feature of the walk but this photo just cropped up in the corner of my eye. The dandelion had just floated past in front of me, and had become caught temporarily on another dandelion. I had to react quite quickly, so I put the camera into auto and left it to decide the specific exposure. I had just enough time to compose the photo before the wind took the dandelion with it.

Because the photo was taken in a hurry the exposure the camera chose wasn't perfect, so I decided to change the brightness and the saturation. I increased the brightness to compensate for the camera choosing the wrong exposure. I also decreased the saturation because I like the effect that it gave the photo; by giving it a more mysterious mood to the photo which I really like.

I’m glad I got a chance to go out after the rain today, I find it’s always the best time to go out to take photos. I find this because the weather changes very rapidly, and the clouds are always very white and diffuse the light perfectly.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment