Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Mystical Flower?



I took this photo a while ago; I had recently purchased a soft focus filter so I decided to try it out on one of our wanders.

Bex and I were walking in our local nature reserve when I saw this flower. I thought it would make a perfect subject to test my new filter on. I used a medium aperture of F5.6 so that I could blur the background but keep the flower in focus. The soft focus filter blurs the subject slightly and gives a mystical feeling to the overall photo. I really like the effect of using the filter, and I plan on using it again in the future.

The only editing I did was to increase the saturation and the brightness. This increased the warmth of the photo and made it even more mystical. I really like the overall effect of the photo; it came out exactly how I wanted it to, with the flower looking blurred and mystical.

It’s very good to be back; I shall be blogging as usual now. When I get my film developed, I shall upload a few pictures from my holiday.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment