Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Calm Before the Storm




I managed to get out for a walk today; so I went down to the lake for some inspiration. The weather wasn’t amazing today so I had to dash out between the rain showers. But when it wasn’t raining the weather was really nice, presenting some great photographic opportunities.

There were a few clouds in the sky to scatter the sun’s rays, so the lighting was perfect. I composed the photo so I had a small bush in the foreground, this created some foreground interest. I focused on the background so the small bush would be out of focus. Also I tried to get equal amounts of the foreground and the sky into the frame, to create a calm and tranquil atmosphere.

When I got to the editing stage, I decided that it didn’t need very much editing. I increased the colour temperature and saturation; this makes the photo look much more vibrant. Also I turned down the highlights; this made the sky darker and the clouds clearer.

This may be the last chance I get to take a sunny photo this week. The weather forecasts are starting to change; the rain is on its way! So I think this is just the calm before the storm. Prepare for the rain, but enjoy the sun while it lasts.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment