Friday, July 27, 2012

Going for Gold



Like many others this evening, I have been watching the opening ceremony. It’s rather surreal to think that after all the preparation of the last seven years; the Olympics are finally upon us.

I took this picture the last time Mat and I went on holiday. On the first day, we went into the city centre. In the afternoon, it was incredibly hot so we sat down outside of the town hall. The torch had just gone past meaning London 2012 flags were prolific. As I was walking up the steps of the town hall I looked to my left and saw the flags stretching down the street. I took this using a shallow depth of field so only the first two flags could be read easily.

I have been saving this picture for the most suitable time; and none seems more suitable than the evening of the opening ceremony. I have never spent longer on a blog post than today- I started typing nearly 2 hours earlier! However, I will admit that my attention was divided.

I hope you’re enjoying the opening ceremony too, and enjoy the Olympics- wherever you’re from. One thing I must say… GO ON BRITAIN!!!!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment