Friday, July 20, 2012

A Trip Out




Today my family and I went to Blaise castle for the day. The weather was amazing, with the sun blazing down. While taking a rest in the shade I saw this statue. I really liked how symmetrical it was with the background bursting out from behind.

I had left the camera in automatic as I was taking a lot of photos and didn’t have much time to change the settings. I think the camera did a very good job with calculating  the exposure. The only thing I would have done was to take the photo with the low key feature. But also I would have liked the white to be a bit brighter.

After taking the photos off of the camera I decided to correct a few details that I wanted to change. I made the shadows darker and increased the brightness; this created the low key effect that I wanted. I also cropped the photo equally on both sides; this improves the symmetry of the statue in the frame while also focussing the attention onto the statue.

I'm enjoying the good weather and hope that it will stay around as I’m planning a few more trips out around the countryside.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment