Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hanging Flower


While on a recent walk with Bex I noticed this flower, it had rained earlier in the day and the flower had drooped under the weight of the rain. I really liked the colours on the flower and how the background contrasted against the colours of the flower.

The macro lens was attached to the front of Bex’s Olympus, I got close to the flower using a moderately large aperture (F5.6) to make the background blurred. Putting the background out of focus makes the flower look more prominent in the photo. Also, I placed the flower towards the right hand side of the frame; doing this makes the photo more asymmetric and adds a little more interest.

I liked how the original photo looked, so I didn’t change much in the editing stage; I cropped the photo a bit and increased the saturation a small amount.

I really like the effect of having the flower to the right hand side of the frame. I think the increased saturation gives the picture a warmer feel.

The weather seems to be looking better already, so hopefully it will stay like this for the foreseeable future.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment