Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rather Odd



While out on a wander today I spotted this really odd plant; I think it was a flower but I honestly have no idea what it is but I thought that it would make an interesting. Fortunately, Bex had let me borrow her camera today- I took well over 200 hundred photos!

I thought the best composition for this photo was to have the flower right in the centre of the frame, with the background out of focus. I also used the flash to highlight the green parts and to increase the reflection of the rain drops. I boosted the green and red slightly in the camera so that the flower would look more colourful.

After I uploaded the photo onto the computer I decided to improve it in photoshop. I tried a few different techniques but none of them worked successfully; so I asked Bex to have a go at editing. She cropped the photo and increased the contrast, while decreasing the brightness. I really like what she did, the effect that she gave it was much better than any of my other attempts!

I really like this photo, the camera did a good job using the correct exposure, and Bex made it even better with her amazing editing skills. The effect is exactly what I wanted when I took the photo and I really like having the background blurred with boosted reds and greens.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment