Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Coincidence




I didn’t have much to do today so I went for a walk. While out I bumped into Bex, who herself was going for a wander. She, of course, had her camera on her so I thought I’d join her on her wander.

About five minutes later I saw this flower (I think). I thought that if I took the photo with some of the background surrounding the flower, it would make an interesting composition. I boosted the green slightly, but reduced the red at the same time. The sun was starting to go down and I had to use a slightly higher ISO so that I could still use a faster shutter speed.

After I took the photo off of the camera I decided to crop it slightly. I cropped out some of the background on the left side. By doing this it put the flower off-centre and enhances the composition of the photo. I also increased the contrast and the saturation. I like the effect that the editing has done; I find that the best way to enhance photos while editing is to only make small changes with different settings and to try out different ideas.

Bex has got quite a few events to go to this weekend so I’ll be doing most of the uploads. Soon, she will be back and blogging as usual. I hope all of you have enjoyed the wonderful weather today; I hope that it will stay around for the rest of the weekend.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment