Monday, July 30, 2012

I do like to be beside the seaside




This is another photo from our tip to Weston. We enjoyed it so much and took so many photos. The beach was packed with people, mainly sun-bathing and soaking up the sun. I wanted to take a photo that emphasises how crowded the beach was.

We decided to go for a walk down the pier to see what it was like after the re-build.  I borrowed Bex’s camera for this photo so that I could use a really short focal length for a true wide-angle photo. I wanted to get as much into the frame as possible, because this would show how busy the beach was. I like how the sea curves round to the edge of the frame; it makes the beach look like it goes on forever. Also having the buildings on the left it frames the photo very well; with the beach being contained between the buildings and the sea. Having the beach in the middle of the frame helps to create the over-crowded effect that I was trying  for.

In the editing stage I increased the colour temperature to create a warm and ‘sunny’ effect to the photo. I also cropped the photo a small amount; I did this to aid the overcrowded effect. I liked the photo straight from the camera so I didn’t change anything else. The camera exposed the photo perfectly; the sky didn’t white out and the shadows still have a lot of depth to them.

Another message from Bex, she says that her holiday is really fun and she's having a great time. She adds that she misses the blog very much and can’t wait to get back and upload some photos from her holiday.
I hope your all enjoying the sun. I think the weather is going to turn very soon; so I would get out and enjoy the sun while it lasts if I was you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment