Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ongoing Alley




I took this photo on our recent holiday on one of our wanders in the local town. I saw some bollards in a small side alley that Bex and I had ventured down to look for photos.

This time I had my own camera on me- I’ve recently taken on my Dad’s old Pentax ME Super 35mm film SLR camera. When I get the film processed I also order a copy of the photos on a CD, so I can upload my own pictures to the blog.

In this photo I used a telephoto lens (135mm) so that I could get a small depth of field and create an interesting effect. The effect being that the further down the line of bollards, the more out of focus they become. I really like it because it focuses the attention on the first few bollards and then it draws your eyes down the line towards the end.

Another good thing about being able to get my photos on CD is that I can edit them! This time the only editing I did was to crop the photo down a little. I left the exposure unchanged to show how good 35mm film SLRs are in comparison to modern digital cameras. I think that 35mm film SLRs still have a good case against modern cameras but I’ll leave it for you to decide: Film or Digital?

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment